- The community consultation began in March and progressed well
- The community consultation is now complete with plans having been drawn and redrawn a number of times as the consultation shaped the design and process
- The community were given a chance to vote on a plan they most preferred and the plans were finalised
- Tenders were sent out six contractors
- A contractor was selected using the Darebin councils tender evaluation process
- No underground services were located in the area of the garden contrary to information supplied by Dial Before You Dig
- Site works began on Thursday the 16th June
- Works are currently on track for completion by June 30th
- A 10k ltr tank and pump have been installed on site, catchment off the library roof
- Gardeners have formed a management committee and are in the process of developing their rules and guidelines for the use of the space
- A blogspot has been created
- The handover from project worker to the community garden management committee will happen in the next few weeks
- Standby for info on the Next community garden meeting!
Monday, 27 June 2011
Here is where the project is up to.